Role: Multi-Skilled Operator (MSO) x2
Reporting to: Broadcast Operation Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: Ealing Studios, London
Hours of work: 7 day fortnight, 160 hours per month
Job Purpose: An opportunity to work for the leading horse racing media rights organisation, as part of the production team providing breaks and cover to the main gallery teams at their broadcast facility in Ealing, West London.
Job Accountabilities: In this role, you will manage the operation of the Audio, EVS and Graphics (Chyron) systems within a live playout environment. You will be responsible for the preparation and playout of live graphics, ingest and playout of video replays and mix live sound from various sources ensuring all audio feeds are suitable for broadcast. You will also provide support to the Director / Vision Mixer by assisting with studio floor management.
Measures for the role:
- Prepare and playout live graphics
- Build name straps, information, and the overnight caption graphics
- Ingest and playout EVS, produce playlists / overnight loops, clip up interviews, play-out replays
- Mix live sound sources, monitoring and maintaining audio levels. Assist with fitting guests with mic / earpieces
- Ensure all incoming audio feeds are suitable for broadcast, highlighting any issues to the engineering and production teams
- Assist with studio floor management; escorting guests to / from studio, assisting with maintaining and fitting guest mics / earpieces, adjusting studio cameras as necessary
To view the full job description and person specification: MSO – JD, 2023
How to apply:
Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com by midnight on Tuesday 7th February 2023.